Hi, loves! Today’s post is another talking about everything that’s made me happy over the past week. As the title may suggest. *shrugs shoulders* I really love writing these posts – you can read my previous ones here and here – and I get so many lovely messages from people saying that they notice the little things more after reading them, and in turn feel happier too! I’ve had another weird week where I’ve felt super anxious and a little bit off, so I dived deep and looked at all the happy, positive things in my life! I try so hard to do this every day, but it’s really so easy to forget and sometimes we need a little reminder. Getting bogged down with silly mundane things like traffic, someone else’s bad attitude or the weather is SO common, but it doesn’t have to ruin your day!
This was from the week before Matt and I left for Croatia so I really had a lot to be happy about 🙂 about mid-week my anxiety finally tailed off, and I felt so much brighter, happier and genuinely so excited for our holiday! Also, I like to include way more photos in these posts normally but I forgot to take relevant photos each day as I was super pre-occupied with things I needed to do before my holiday, I’m sorry!
– Matt and I got to lay in for the first time in weeks, it was bliss
– I watched Jade Billington‘s first two Disney vlogs whilst getting ready. I love her so much, her videos always leave me feeling so happy but travel/Disney vlogs? Come on!
– date day with my love. We went to Wagamama’s, which is our favourite place for lunch! Matt had chilli steak ramen and I got udon noodles with steak. It was SO. GOOD.
– I met an Internet friend in real life! It was so so lovely to see her, and meet her adorable little daughter who loved Matt. Babies always are attracted to Matt, it’s the cutest thing ever #broody
– finishing up my holiday clothes shopping, finally. I literally felt 10000 x more relaxed (and excited) once I’d picked up the last few bits
– the smell of my banana hair mask from The Body Shop
– having a cosy night at home with Matt’s parents. They’re so good to us and I feel so so lucky to have them!
– snuggles in bed
– Cheerios with Alpro almond coconut milk. This will never not make me happy
– I got our grocery shop done in record time AND came in under budget. Double win!
– picking up our Kuna (Croatian currency) for our holiday! I love that feeling when you pick up your money and it all suddenly feels real
– the best long shower
– getting lots of blog photos taken. I love love love writing my blog but I do sometimes get super stressed about not having photographs ready to go with my upcoming posts!
– I had dinner ready for Matt coming home and it was so good (if I do say so myself). We had cod with mash and veggies!
– Matt’s cute little face when I brought him a cup of tea in bed. I do this most mornings (when we have time) and he always looks so happy!
– driving past all the cute little bunnies outside of our estate
– listening to this podcast on the way to work. I’m literally obsessed with Chris & Rosie, they’re so flipping funny
– the ice cream van came round the industrial estate I work on and we ran out to get an ice cream like children.
What holiday body?
– I had such a quick, easy day at work
– another cosy night in with Matt and his parents. I just love my second family!
– the most beautiful sunset (photos did NOT do it justice sadly)
– we woke up to the sound of heavy rain. I love rainy mornings
– spending my lunch break shopping with my co-worker
– coming home to the smell of Spanish Chicken in the crockpot. Bae did good
– seeing Matt’s sweet grandma. We set up her new TV and she was so happy it just melted my heart!
– watching the women’s world cup, eating pick n mix with Matthew
– hitting over 10,000 steps on my Fitbit
– Matt and I snuggled up in bed and fell right to sleep, this never happens but we slept so good!
– morning cuddles (I could have said this every day LOL)
– a hot cup of tea
– picking up our groceries/last minute holiday bits before work. I just really enjoy ticking things off my to do list
– my last holiday delivery arrived! I absolutely love these earrings I ordered, I seen them weeks ago and was planning to pick them up in the airport, but then they went on sale for HALF PRICE. Usually I buy things then they get reduced, so that was great! I can’t wait to wear them throughout the Summer 🙂
– that post-hair wash feeling
– picking Matt up from his night out! I’d literally dropped him off a few hours before but I missed spending my night with him haha
– driving late at night, it’s just so peaceful
– working on the blog for an hour when Matt left for work. I was snuggled up under our duvet, with a candle burning and a cup of tea. Bliss
– a croissant from Lidl’s bakery. If you know, you know
– ticking off everything (well except one non-important) thing on my to do list at work
– setting my out of office for a week and a half! At this point I’m SO EXCITED for our holiday
– an ice cold Diet Coke
– cooking dinner with Matthew
– snuggling up and watching Brooklyn 99, it’s our favourite
– I had a lot of fun waking Matt up by being super annoying and kissing/cuddling him a little too much. He loved it as much as I did really
– making bacon sandwiches for breakfast
– seeing my sweet grandma
– painting my toe nails, I only really bother to do it for holidays/special occasions haha
– I finished up packing and have plenty of space to bring back cute souvenirs
– that holiday eve feeling
– Chinese for dinner with bae
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post and felt the positive vibes radiating from it… maybe? A little bit? Ha! What’s three things that have made your day a little bit happier today? What could you do to make someone else’s happier? I’m continuing the happy vibes on Wednesday too!