Hi, loves! I’ve shared this recipe (well, similar) before but I figured it needed to be brought back to your attention this Winter season. Matt and I quite literally started our year with this; he was working New Year’s Day so I prepped everything in the morning ready for him coming home, and it was such a great way to start the day! Minimal prep for this meal means it’s so easy to prepare and leave cooking whilst you’re busy during the day. Coming home from work when it’s cold and icy to a A CrockPot meal ready and waiting is one of the simple joys in life, and this one is so delicious, healthy and filling! The recipe could not be more simple and I’d say it takes maximum 10 – 15 minutes to prepare and throw everything together.
Spanish Chicken Stew
*This recipe makes around six large dinner servings and is easily refrigerated/freezer safe*
– 500g chicken breast, diced
– 2 x large peppers
– 1 x large onion
– 8 x celery stalks (approx)
– 15 x plum tomatoes (approx)
– Chicken Tonight Spanish sauce (to save time) OR 600g x passata, 2 x tbsp olive oil, 3 x small chilis – blended in Nutribullet to create sauce
– salt, pepper, oregano, turmeric, paprika, garlic seasoning to taste
– rice/potatoes/salad to serve
Step by step:
1. Chop peppers, onion, celery stalks and tomatoes into small chunks. We tend to keep the celery and tomato quite large as they shrink so much whilst cooking.
2. Add your chicken to the CrockPot, seasoning with whatever you prefer.
3. Stir in vegetables, mixing together everything as you go.
4. Add a little more seasoning, and stir in to ensure everything is coated.
5. Pour over pre-made Chicken Tonight sauce or homemade sauce, and stir in. You don’t need to add water as celery has a huge water content, and the rest of the veggies are super juicy.
6. Cook on medium heat for 6 – 8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
7. Serve with whatever you’d like; we love to eat with salad, roasted sweet potatoes or whole-wheat rice!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope this recipe inspired you to grab the ingredients during your next grocery shop and make this soon. Matt and I really want to step up our CrockPot meal game this year – thanks to a wonderful cookbook I got from Matt’s grandma this Christmas we have lots of inspiration! – so I’d love to share more CrockPot recipes with you, too. What’s your favourite easy CrockPot meal? Have you ever tried this recipe from my previous posts? Please let me know if you give it a whirl, and what you think!