Hi, loves! My bucket list posts are some of my most loved and re-read, and Matt and I also check back in on them too. I’m a planner, I love setting things in the diary for us to achieve and I also am really cautious that I never want to run out of ideas of fun things for Matt and I to do! We used to keep these things personal, and just pick an idea out each time we managed to get a day or two together during each season, but sharing them is so much fun. We really hope to tick off as many of these ideas as we can! Also, Winter is absolutely my least favourite season… I don’t love how cold it is, and I’m genuinely fearful for the day(s) of snow – I cannot and will not drive in snowy weather! So, let’s see what we’re checking off over the next few months…
– Try a new restaurant for date night – Go to see an NUFC game – Take a fun road trip to somewhere new – Have a spa afternoon – Take lunch to work every day! (We’re all prepped for the first work week of the year so fingers crossed we can be super intentional with this. I talked about this in my previous post) – Bake cookies on a cold weekend day – Stay consistent with meal prep for lunches/dinners – Spend cosy evenings at home completing jigsaw puzzles – Eat lots of Sunday roasts in our favourite pub – Celebrate our third Valentine’s Day together – Go for all of the cold, blustery beach walks – Make hot chocolate in the slow cooker… every week – Breakfast dates. ALL of the breakfast dates – Buy my new car! I’m so scared of driving something new and will miss my cute lil car terribly, but I’m trying to get excited about a new vehicle – Plan a fun weekend getaway/city break – Join a yoga class – Take another football stadium tour – Enjoy a cold afternoon binge-watching funny movies – Eat vegetarian more often – Visit Glasgow – Go sledding (if it snows)! We’re definitely too old for this but, hey ho – Spend lots of time outside enjoying the colder weather – Go bowling for date night – Grab a new blogging opportunity
Thank you so much for reading! What are your bucket list goals for this Winter season? I’m already dreaming of sunny Spring days and blossoming flowers, but I’m also excited to make the most of my (least favourite) season with my favourite person! Leave in the comments your favourite things to do in the Winter season!
Hi, loves! Back in July the lovely Abbie tagged me to complete the 73 questions: Vogue parody tag and I’ve just never had a gap in my blogging schedule where I could fit it in… until today. Tags like this make my heart happy because it reminds me of the old Bebo and Facebook days where you’d fill out 101 questions, and I used to love filling them out.
I thought this would be so fun to do just before my Christmas content begins (next Wednesday, guys! YAY!) and it’s another little way to share more of me and my personality with my readers which can never be a bad thing, right? Be sure to check out Abbie’ tag here; she’s one of my very favourite bloggers and I wish she’d post more… hint hint, Abs! 🙂
1.What’s your usual Starbucks drink? I really love an extra hot hot chocolate, with a pump of vanilla and almond milk. Boring, but so good.
2. What does your work station look like? At work my desk is organised chaos. I don’t have much space so things just get piled on top of each other, but it works for me. Like, I know where everything is. For the most part, ha!
3. All-time favourite food? Mac n cheese or mashed potatoes! I also really love pizza, Chinese food, Sunday roasts, donuts and chicken parm. HAHA so nothing healthy!
4. Favourite author? Right now I’d probably say Taylor Jenkins-Reid. I really love Jojo Moyes and Susan Lewis too. I pick books more on the genre and reviews than the author, though.
5. What do you think of open relationships? It’s not something that Matt and I would ever do, but whatever makes people happy is great.
6. What’s your favourite video game? I don’t play video games. Although I feel like I’m always watching Matt play FIFA…
7. What’s your guilty pleasure treat? Pick n mix! I love having a little mixture of everything 🙂 also if Matt or I have had a bad day (or y’know… just because) we love a late night McFlurry run.
8. Your favourite movie? I love E.T sooooo much. And anything Disney of course!
9. Favourite book? This Is Going To Hurt by Adam Kay.
10. Best advice you’ve ever received? I’m not really sure on advice, but my favourite quote is “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” – AA Milne
11. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram for sure! I especially love Instagram stories because they’re more casual and you can post whatever.
12. Are you a desktop or a laptop person? Laptop. I love love love my MacBook Pro.
13. What projects are you working on right now? I really have so much fun content planned for my blog all the way until the end of the year 🙂 I can’t wait to share it all with you!
14. What’s your favourite colour? Pink.
15. Did you get good grades in school? I did, but I didn’t go to university because I didn’t want to.
16. Dream job? I’d LOVE to own a florists. I know nothing about flowers, it just is a pie-in-the-sky dream! I also would love one day to run my blog as a full time job, but I don’t think that would ever happen for real.
17. Played any sports? I danced and played netball when I was younger. Now… is shopping a sport?
18. Do you have a degree? Nope.
19. Nationality? British.
20. What’s your favourite type of blog post to write? I really love Weekend In My Life recaps because they’re my favourite to look back on to re-live memories! Also, I enjoy anything beauty related and I’m so happy to now be sharing more about books/reading.
21. What do you like to collect? Literally anything and everything Disney! I collect things from Matt and I’s dates, concerts, trips, holidays, dinners and really anything we do. Also mugs! I LOVE MUGS.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words? I’m always cold.
23. If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be? I certainly wouldn’t be a rapper, hahaha.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d? My friend, Grace.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now? An Amazon Kindle Paperwhite… which Matthew is getting me for Christmas and I’m super excited about 😍 I feel so lucky/spoiled!
26. Sorting House? Matt and I aren’t really ‘in the know’ with Harry Potter. Starting this week we’re watching one movie per week though, I’m very excited.
27. How many tattoos do you have? Zero.
28. What are you most grateful for this year? Matthew, our families and our friends. And of course our jobs, cars, and our fun little life we’ve made together!
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? It’s only November 3rd as I’m writing this, but yesterday I received the most insane gift from Gaston Luga. I already posted a sneak peek on Instagram stories but I’m so excited to share it with you on the blog on Sunday! 🙂
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? Matt and I had the perfect lazy Sunday morning, I ordered this beautiful wool scarf from & Other Stories and when Matt gets home from work (he had to pop in for two hours) we’re going for dinner with our friends Nathan and David in a few hours… so everything!
31. What’s the best thing ever? Cold evenings at home with my love; post Lush bath with our Himalayan pink salt lamp lit, cosy scented candles burning and watching TV under all of the snuggly blankets. And maybe a Chinese takeaway!
32. Favourite season? Autumn. Always.
33. Favourite holiday? Christmas!! I LOVE everything about Christmas, I’m so excited for the festivities to begin over the next few weeks!
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most? Rachel Green from Friends. I’m a little bit of a pushover, shopping is my favourite thing (apart from Matthew), I’m kinda ditzy and I’d do anything for those close to me.
35. Do you like surprises? I love giving people surprises, but I hate receiving them!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? When I was 16 (or 17?) my family was going on holiday with my best friend (Hannah)’s family – something we’d done a few times before – but this time Hannah couldn’t make it because she had to work. I was gutted but obviously still excited about a holiday with everyone else. We were checking in at the airport and Hannah’s dad was joking he was going to ring her to wind her up and tell her we wished she was there, I obviously said no that’s mean but he called anyway. Then she walked up behind us talking on the phone and said oh well, I guess I’d better come then! I was literally gobsmacked and didn’t speak for like… five minutes. Which is a long time for me!
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry? …I cry even when Matt brings pick n mix home for us. Hahahaha. What can I say? I’m a crier!
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone? I think when I took Matt to Dublin for his birthday last year! He was so excited.
39. Do you like muffins? YES! I love blueberry muffins because if a muffin contains fruit it’s a breakfast food. Right?
40. Do you cook often? Pretty much every night! I love to cook, it’s something Matt and I learned together and I just find it to be so fun.
41. What’s your favourite dessert? If Matt and I are splitting it, probably a cheesecake or bannoffee pie. If we’re getting our own, I always go for apple crumble and custard!
42. Is there a dessert you dislike? Anything with raisins. Ew.
43. Cake or pie? I love apple pie or rhubarb pie, but overall I’d rather have cake. Specifically red velvet cake, if you’re wondering.
44. What’s your least favourite food? I like most foods but I can’t bare raw onion or raw carrot.
45. What’s your favourite condiment? BBQ sauce or firecracker sauce!
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat? Matt and I are OLD and there’s no way we’d be awake at 4am on a Saturday night. Also… isn’t that technically Sunday morning?!
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called? How To Pretend You’ve Got Your Sh*t Together.
48. Best animated film? Ahhh this is a hard one. I love Up and Inside Out!
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you? Matt just always made me laugh SO HARD even before we started dating or got together.
50. The best thing to do on a first date? On Matt and I’s first date we drove two hours south to York, which was SUCH a fun idea and we really got to know so much about each other!
51. The worst thing to do on a first date? Going to the movies. Who wants to sit in silence for two hours and try to eat popcorn quietly?!
52. What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl? I don’t really like things like that. Thank God Matt didn’t try it!
53. Best comic book character? I’ve literally got no idea who any comic book characters are.
54. What are three things that are always in your purse? Come back on Sunday to find out 😉 haha, that was a perfect question!
55. Favourite drink? My all time favourite drink is Mountain Dew, but only the one you can buy in America/Canada. Every time any of my family or friends go to the US or Canada they bring me back as many bottles as they can and I’m so grateful for that! I literally treasure them and drink them so sparingly, hahaha. But day-to-day… I’ve been obsessed with Diet Coke since I can remember. Literally, obsessed! I don’t even know how many cans Matt and I drink in a day, how bad is that?!
56. If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be? Audrey Hepburn.
57. Kittens or puppies? Puppies.
58. Tell me your favourite sushi roll? I don’t like sushi.
59. What kind of lipstick do you use? So many! I love love love lipstick. My favourites right now are Clinique Bare Pop, MAC Jubilee and MAC Syrup. They’re all so wearable for every day and look super pretty.
60. What kind of foundation do you use? Right now I’m back to using Estee Lauder Double Wear. I can never stay away for too long!
61. Blow dry or air dry? I only really wash my hair at night, so I let my hair air dry whilst I do my skincare routine and prepare dinner, then usually blow dry it whilst dinner is cooking.
62. Who is your fashion icon? Stacey Dooley and Emma Hill.
63. Favourite Disney Character? Winnie The Pooh.
64. What are you doing tomorrow? I’m working, then Matt and I are having a cosy night in watching the last two episodes of Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over.
65. A movie you laughed the hardest through? Bridesmaids makes me die laughing every time!
66. A movie that made you cry? Oh god. SO many. The Notebook, Titanic, My Sister’s Keeper, Marley & Me, The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, PS I Love You. Any cheesy Christmas Hallmark movie. I’m a crier, okay!
67. If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be? Ed Sheeran, obviously!
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be? I’m so bad at things like this, I’ve no idea.
69. What’s your favourite animal? I love love love penguins.
70. Favourite illustrator? Is it so bad that I don’t know any names?
71. A person you want to have coffee with? Stacey Dooley. I seriously love her.
72. What country do you wish to visit? I can’t wait to explore Canada one day with Matthew! We’re hoping to go to Krakow in January/February next year and I’m SO EXCITED, even though it’s going to be super cold I think it’ll be such an incredible place to visit.
73. Best way to decompress? A nice, hot Lush bath with my book. And cuddles, obvs.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this post fun and interesting, and got to know some things about me you maybe didn’t know before. I tag any blogger reading this; I’d love to see what you have to say! Especially Savannah at Savannah Said It; I just love her content so much. Have you done this tag? Please leave your links below, I’d love to read!
Happy Sunday, loves! Self care is something that is discussed in great detail, but it’s often linked directly to beauty treatments and pampering yourself. That’s not to say I don’t love a pamper night because – let’s be real, I DO! – and that’s something I make sure to incorporate into my life at least once per week, but I think there’s so many other ways you can hit that self care button and relax at the same time.
We live in a world where we’re so connected via iMessage and social media, and it’s really become difficult to let ourselves and our minds unwind. Most of us spend at least forty hours per week at work, and during that time our minds can be so wired and frantic with everything we need to get done we don’t allow ourselves time to stop. My blog is something I do in my ‘free’ time, but as I talked about in my October goals post, I was losing the barrier between ‘free’ time and any time I wasn’t at work. I felt like I needed to be constantly working on my blog whether it was writing posts, taking photos, editing photos, reading other blogs, trawling social media or just brainstorming ideas and it became so hard to let my mind escape and just enjoy being at home. I’ve been feeling extremely anxious over the past few months and it’s something I’m really struggling with right now. As a result, I’ve been trying to find all of the things that make me feel less anxious and focus on those, rather than trying to identify why I feel anxious in the first place!
Something Matt and I have prioritized more and more recently is unwinding each evening/weekend we aren’t at work. I often take a little time whilst he’s at work (either early morning, after I get home during the week or whilst he’s in on a weekend) to do all of my blog work, and I’m feeling way happier and less stressed out by giving myself some ‘me’ time back. I made a promise to both Matt and myself a long time ago that I’d not work on my blog whilst we were having chill time at home, and it’s really important to me that I stick to that.
I’m such a homebody at heart but Matt would often rather be out; we compromise on this by usually spending a little more time at home during the week, and a little more time out of the house doing fun things at the weekend. Being a homebody means I relish in all things cosy; candles, fuzzy blankets, comfy pj’s and dressing gowns are up there with my all time favourite items ever, and I just love every opportunity Matt and I get for a cosy night at home. Also, you don’t need to have a ton of time to enjoy the cosiness of being at home; often by the time we get home from work, cook and eat dinner, shower/bathe etc it could easily be 8pm! It’s about being intentional with the time you do have, and being able to roll your to-do list over to the next day.
Here’s a few little things I suggest doing at least a few times per week to help you unwind, relax and enjoy being at home.
Clean your space. I can’t really explain how or why, but I’m pretty sure a lot of people will agree with me on this one: when my space is clean, I feel happier. This is the same for my home and my car; I just need my environment to be welcoming and as clutter free as possible. I pick up our room several times per week which takes all of five minutes in the mornings, then I fully deep clean once per week. Putting on fresh sheets, hanging clothes away, vacuuming, dusting etc just makes the whole room feel more cosy and inviting, and it always makes me feel a small sense of accomplishment. We’re big believers in the fact a bedroom needs to be a happy, comforting space; it’s so important to allow yourself to fully rest at home!
Light a candle. Okay so I’m sure so many of you will already know this, but I’m obsessed with candles. Obsessed. I love love love the cosy pumpkin scents for Fall right now, and I’m genuinely concerned at how often I think about purchasing another. Ha! I feel so calm and at peace with candles burning and our pink Himalayan rock salt lamp on; it gives our bedroom the most beautiful warm pink glow and makes my heart happy.
Put down your phone. One of the best things you can do to unwind from work, friends, peers, a bad day etc is to just put down your phone. Leave it charging in another room or preferably another floor of the house and be in the moment. Matt and I always try to do this when we’re out for dinner too; so many times on date night you’ll see the couple more interested in their phones than each other. Other than maybe taking a quick snap of our food we don’t put the focus on our phones. We’re really working on not having our phones in bed at all; every night we were brushing our teeth, getting cosy in bed, then sitting on our phones for at least ten minutes just scrolling through our socials. It’s gross how attached we all our to our phones; as much as I love technology, I sometimes really despise it too!
Listen to music or a podcast. Our Amazon Echo Dots are some of our most favourite ever items we own, and we make use of them every single day! We sleep with Alexa Sleep Sounds on every night (we alternate between Matt’s favourite, ocean sounds, and my favourite, thunderstorm sounds) and it’s truly made a difference to how we sleep. We sometimes play music whilst we tidy up or get ready in the mornings, and it’s just a fun way to occupy ourselves that doesn’t involve being on our phones. I also listen to podcasts almost every time I’m driving (it’s either a podcast or Disney music, there’s no in-between!) and I find them such a fun addition to my day.
Head for a breakfast/dinner date. Going for breakfast is hands down one of Matt and I’s favourite hobbies. Breakfast food is our favourite, it’s generally way less crowded, and we still have the whole rest of our day to get a bunch of things done. We also love dinner dates because getting dressed up together, having a few glasses of wine and making the most of date night is such a treat to us! I think it’s so important to take time for food dates with your partner, your friends and your family – both Matt and I’s families love to go out for meals and it’s something I really am grateful for.
Take a hot bath. The ultimate self care treat for me personally is a hot bubble bath. Pile in your favourite Lush products, light an aromatherapy candle and allow yourself to disconnect from the world for thirty minutes at least an hour. A bubble bath can seriously make up for any crap work day, and you’ll never regret taking time out of your day for that. I’ll be sharing my favourite self care Sunday pamper routine on the blog in a few weeks!
Snuggle up with a cup of tea and your book. Ah, a book and a cuppa… that is my idea of bliss. If we’re having a lazy weekend morning in bed Matt likes to watch various football shows on Amazon Prime (he’s currently watching Sergio Ramos documentary which is all in Spanish… I mean…) and I’m so happy to curl up with my iPad and read before we get ready for the day. I also am a huge fan of sleepy time teas before bed; they really do make you feel a little more relaxed and ready for sleep, and reading a book is a great way to unwind before bed. Matt is not a reader at all which hurts my heart a little bit, but I just keep telling hime he hasn’t found the right books yet!
Watch your favourite shows. Is there anything better than snuggling up with your love and watching the series you’re both invested in? No, there is not! Matt and I often watch several shows at a time, and then incorporate the odd movie or documentary into that too. Strictly Come Dancing is my thing, so by default Matt is often stuck watching it too. He is a huge football fan, so that’s his vice and another thing we watch SO much. We love comedy shows; Brooklyn 99 was our favourite, we’ve seen Friends one hundred times and right now The Office is our ‘easy watch’ obsession. We love love love documentaries (Stacey Dooley’s are a personal favourite, obvs) and shows like Ambulance: Australia make us very happy. We change things up pretty much every evening, but it’s such a nice time to chill and chat with each other too.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found this post helpful and maybe it’s inspired you to unwind a little more this coming week. Do you make unwinding a priority right now? Or are you always go go go, ticking things off that to-do list? I challenge you this week to take at least an hour each night for yourself or you and your partner, it will totally change your week I promise you!
Happy Sunday, loves! Today’s post is another Weekend In My Life; something I’ve had so many requests to do! As I started doing more of a photo diary style weekend recap instead, it’s been a long time since my last one (you can catch that here if you missed it) but I’m so happy to be writing another. Last weekend was one of Matt and I’s favourite weekends of the whole year; Great North Run weekend! During it we went to a rugby game (my very first!), had so much fun with family and seen Matt’s cousin complete another half marathon. It was packed full and we were SO tired over the following week, but it was definitely worth it. Let’s rewind back to Friday…
Friday 6th September
I had set our alarm for a little earlier than usual as I had to write myFeelin’ It Friday post. I had cheated a little bit and wrote lots of it the night before as Matt was out with work and didn’t get home until around 8pm, which was the perfect blog writing time for me! I let Matt sleep in, made a little ‘soft office’ in bed, grabbed my iPad and finished up writing my post. Matt was super cute and sleepy so I snuggled back in for a cuddle, then had to rush to get ready for work. I swear this happens every day, hah!
I headed to work for what turned out to be a good day. It went super quickly and we had a very chilled day in the office, which is always appreciated on a Friday! My coworker Laura and I made a Costa run during our lunch break for our first Bonfire Spice drinks of the season… we were SO HAPPY! I also picked up mac n cheese for lunch which is quite possibly my favourite ever food, it was delish! This Friday was also pay day which made the day even better, it’s the little things isn’t it 🙂 before I knew it, it was 5pm and I was leaving to rush home to get ready for the evening! I listened to the new Shagged, Married, Annoyed podcast (obviously) on the drive to/from work – it’s literally laugh out loud funny EVERY week! I wish they would come out with daily episodes, I just love Rosie Ramsey so. dang. much.
I took off my makeup, had a super quick shower and began to get re-ready for the evening. Matt had spent the day at home and seeing his cousins and their partners who had just drove up for the weekend, so he got home just as I was finishing up getting ready. I’m always so happy to be back together at the end of the day! We had tickets for a rugby game at St James’ park; England were playing Italy and we were SUPER excited! It’s the first time England have played outside of Twickenham in a very long time and also our first rugby game together. We made it to town with plenty of time to spare, so popped to Zapatista for a burrito before the game. I feel like Zapatista is so underrated, we always enjoy our visits there and the food is SO GOOD!
Look at that sky… 😍
I love you so much Matthew! (Here’s two blurry selfies from the game. Because one isn’t enough!)
How dang pretty is that sunset?!?! The game was so much fun (well the second half – the first half was a little boring), and so very different to the football games we’re used to! Rugby is very posh compared to football, it made me laugh so much when the signs came up saying ‘great kick’ when we scored…. football fans, can you imagine that during a match?! England won 37 – 0 and we had the best time watching; the atmosphere was so different and it was packed full! I especially loved the Mexican wave hahaha, pretty much the whole stadium participated… that’s more than 50,000 people! Matt’s godparents were sitting really close to us so it was especially nice to see them, and we could drink alcohol inside the stadium which was weird. If you’re not familiar with UK football stadiums, you’re not allowed to drink alcohol inside the stadium, only inside the corridors at half time. Snapple fact: I worked at St James’ Park for around three years, and I loved my time there so much! We headed into the city for a few drinks with Matt’s godparents after the game before heading home. As soon as I’d took my makeup off, we turned on thunderstorm sounds via Alexa and drifted off to sleep!
Saturday 7th September
Saturday morning we were up pretty early to head over to Matt’s parents to meet with the family and go out for the day. I washed my hair in preparation for a busy weekend (the best feeling, right?! side note: looking at this photo I’m even more happy I just got my hair back dark this week!), did my makeup and got dressed. I wore my new favourite cardigan from ASOSand I love it so much, I really want to get the grey one too. Matt got to laze in bed whilst I got ready and I so wished I could have too, we were so tired after such a busy work week! It’s not too often we get full weekends together due to Matt’s work schedule, so I just felt really grateful for our time together.
We got to Matt’s parents just after they got home – they stayed with Debbie’s mum whilst the family were up! – and it was so nice to see everyone, (even though we had just seen them in Stamford a few weeks before). We caught up for a little then all headed into Newcastle for the day. We went to the Quayside, which is one of Matt and I’s favourite ever places, but it was so crazy busy! The children’s Great North Run was being held around the Quayside, so the crowds were huge – which is never great for my anxiety! – but we still had such a good day. We loved all the cute kiddos running with their parents, it was so sweet to see how excited they were. We cheered them on for a little before heading across the river to grab lunch and drinks at By The River Brewing Co. It’s essentially a mini village made out of used shipping containers, selling food and brewing their own beer, as well as serving typical well know brands. I was freezing (what’s new?) so I was super glad to be snuggled under the heat lamps, and the food was amazing! Almost everyone got Greek food but Matt and I totally missed out on that memo, dang it. We did get really good food (pizza fries for me, pizza for Matthew so we could have a little of each others) and I already can’t wait to go back in a few weeks time. We picked up a salted caramel brownie to take home and guys. It was the best thing we’ve ever tasted!!!
I mean… 😍😍😍 he’s just so handsome! Also, I’m so sad the below photo is blurred!
After spending most of the day in town, we all headed back to shower and get re-ready for the evening, as we were heading to dinner at one of Matt and I’s favourite restaurants, Fratelli’s in Ponteland. We’ve been coming to Fratelli’s since we were dating, before it was ‘official’ and it’s such a special place to us! I got out of the shower to find Matt flat out, snuggled in under our blanket and his dressing gown. My heart can’t take it!
Matt’s parents picked us up a little while later – we discussed our Christmas plans in the car! In September! Hah, we’ve since booked up for Christmas Dinner at the same pub we went to last year and we already can’t wait! We settled into a great table, ordered drinks, apps and mains and had the most lovely night. As always, the food was great and everyone enjoyed it so much. Matt and I shared our usual starter (potato skins) and we always tend to get the same meals here. Matt got the spicy sausage pasta he always gets but I tried their carbonara for the first time and I can’t even tell you how delicious it was, I’ll definitely be ordering it again! We all headed for a cocktail at YOLO before we headed home – I had a Candy Pants which was amazing, and Matt got a Long Island Iced Tea that was SO STRONG, haha, but tasted exactly like the drinks in Croatia. I loved this evening and I’m so grateful to Matt’s parents, we really are so lucky to have them 🙂
…the best photo we got all night #sophotogenic
Sunday 8th September
A 7.30am alarm on a Sunday morning isn’t usually something I’d be too happy about, but it was GNR day!! I jumped out of bed to shower and get ready whilst Matt did a few work emails, then we headed back to his parents house to pick everyone up and make our way to South Shields. It was super cold and I stayed snuggled under my car blanket… I swear I’m like a child! Although, it did make me very excited for #sweaterweather. Lots of the roads are closed for the run which means traffic can be CRAZY, so we like to get there early; Matt and I took Adam and Charlotte whilst his parents followed with Laura (they had to drop Adam – yep, two Adam’s! It’s confusing! – off at the start) and we all met up near the finish line. After it was MY fault the sat nav took us to the wrong place. Thanks, Matt. 😂 We grabbed drinks and browsed the stalls for a little while, but as we were there so early not much was really set up. We were gutted because we realllllly wanted free Wagamama’s!
We found a great spot near the finish line, and settled in for a few hours to watch the competitors coming in! David Weir was first through as he won the wheelchair race for the eight time in a row, the crowd was already so excitable when he crossed the finish line. Bridgid Kosgei won the women’s race and broke a freaking world record for the fastest half marathon ran by a woman, ever! We were right there when she broke it and it was crazy to be part of that. She was INCREDIBLE! She also looked like she’d been for maybe a brisk walk at worst… hahaha. Mo Farrah came through for the men’s race (of course) and won for the sixth time in a row; the crowd went CRAZY for him as always, we experienced it last year too and it was even more electric this time round. He came back for his little lap of honour right in front of us and gave everyone high fives, he’s so teeny tiny in person, just a little dot! Not too far behind Mo was the man we were actually there for, Adam ran the half marathon in one hour, thirty five minutes! That’s crazy to me, he did so well and everyone was so proud!
After the run Adam wanted to get home quickly, so we all drove home for snacks and to relax. Unfortunately the family needed to get moving pretty quickly to make their way back home, a long drive on a Sunday is nobody’s idea of fun! We were sad to say goodbye as it felt like the weekend had only just begun, but Matt and I are hoping to visit again before Christmas so I’m sure we’ll see them very soon. After everyone had left, Matt nipped out to see his friend for his birthday and drop his birthday cards in, then we headed to pick my brother up. He had just flown home from Canada overnight on Saturday and landed in Manchester in the morning, then had to get two trains up to Newcastle. A VERY long travel day! We were so happy to see him as it had been almost a week since we had, and he also brought us some delicious snacks home. Mountain Dew is my favourite drink in the whole wide world (okay. So is Diet Coke.) but we can’t get Mountain Dew here. There is a UK version which is naff and tastes nothing like the US/Canadian version, but theirs is literally banned in the EU. I’ve no idea why because it is DELICIOUS!
We caught up with Robert for a little while about his trip, before heading back to Matt’s parents for the night. We relaxed for a little before going to pick up a Chinese takeaway – guys, it was SO GOOD. Sundays are just made for takeaways, right?! Matt’s godparents came round to visit and we spent the evening with them and his parents, which we always love to do! Family filled weekends are some of our favourite, and this one was just perfect. I didn’t shower until super late, but we still had little time to enjoy a few drinks with Matt’s mum and dad. We stayed up until almost midnight which is so not like us, especially on a Sunday! we are early sleepers!!
I hope you enjoyed this post, thank you so much for reading! Would you like to see more Weekend In My Life posts? Matt and I have some really fun weekends coming up and I’d love to share with you! What have your weekends looked like recently? Have you ever ran a half marathon? I can’t tell you how good the atmosphere is at the GNR (I’m biased, I love my hometown so much) but I’m sure that would be a super fun one to do!
Hi, loves! Happy Friday 13th!! Are you feeling nervous about today? It makes me laugh but I am a little bit! I’m superstitious with lots of things; I never cross on the stairs, I never walk under ladders and I always avoid three drains. Matt does now too, it’s so funny! We always say ‘toast’ if we accidentally walk over three drains (I have NO IDEA how this came about. Why would saying ‘toast’ make any difference?!) Anyway, I digress, what I’m trying to say is that Friday 13th makes me a little bit nervous. But also excited for Halloween. This is me right now:
Ahhhh. Hocus Pocus season is my favourite. *forces Matt to watch with me for 100th time*
What I’m drinking: Bonfire spice hot chocolates are LIFE. As I briefly mentioned last week I was so dang excited about the bonfire spice flavour coming back to Costa, it’s just the best flavour and makes my heart happy. Seriously, get in your car right now. Finish this post. Now get in your car. Drive to Costa. BUY A BONFIRE SPICE HOT CHOCOLATE. Thank me later… 🙂 I’ve had two this week and I’m for sure going to be drinking them lots over the next few months. Side note: I get mine extra hot with a dash of almond milk, it’s sooooo good. And of course, I always try to take a re-usable cup!
What I’m celebrating: Monday September 16th is Matt and I’s two year anniversary!!! I just don’t know where the time has gone, it seems like we were just dating! I’m really excited to celebrate this weekend at our favourite restaurant, Tomahawk Steakhouse, but we’re trying out their new location. We literally can’t wait because the food is always incredible, their mac n cheese is my favourite ever! We can’t properly celebrate on our anniversary due to Matt’s work schedule so we’re just going to curl up at home with an M&S meal and a few episodes of The Office on the day. Matthew, I am so lucky to do life with you, I love you more than anything! Happy (early) anniversary, my love!
What I’m excited about: Tomorrow morning I’m getting my hair dyed, and I’m going back dark! I have spent WEEKS finding the perfect brown balayage photo to show at the salon and I know it’ll turn out even better than what I’m thinking. I’m SO over the blonde as I just got kinda bored and now I really dislike how I look with the blonde tones. I think I want to keep a little bit of light through my hair as I still want it to look fresh and pretty, but more brown tones than blonde. If that makes sense. I’ll be sharing on my Instagram like always, so make sure to follow me there to see how it looks! I’m so excited to have darker hair for Fall and Winter!
…I am Dwight.
What I’m happy about: It’s almost Fall! This cold(ish) rainy weather is making it feel like Fall is already here and I’m loving every second of it. It’s been chilly each day and I’m really enjoying that cosy feeling this kind of weather brings. Matt is such a Summer person but we have so many fun things planned during the Autumn months that he’s actually enjoying it too. It’s cold in the mornings and evenings I’m super excited that sweater weather is almost upon us! Also, any excuse to burn those pumpkin candles… are you excited for Fall too? Or are you holding on to the very last of Summer?!
What I’m watching: The Office. Obvs. Matt and I are obsessed, okay?! Seriously if you’re like we were and are still living under a rock, it’s one of the best TV shows we’ve ever seen and we’d really recommend it. But I’ve also been loving Zoe Sugg’s vlogs recently. Like, really really loving them. I’ve watched and loved Zoe for as long as I can remember, but she goes through patches where she vlogs a lot, then where she doesn’t vlog at all. Recently she’s been vlogging so much and I’m loving it! Also, she is re-launching her blog this month and I’m so excited to see what it’s going to be like as that was one of the first blogs I ever read.
What I’m working on for the blog: This month is #SecondHandSeptember (something I didn’t know about on September 1st when I made a Topshop order… OOPS) but now that I do know I’m participating, and I’m really excited about it! The whole concept came from Oxfam, to encourage people to shop more sustainably and avoid purchasing new products for thirty days. Have you took the pledge yet? I have! This weekend my lovely friend Jessy and I are going for a browse in a few charity shops and vintage stores which I hope will be successful (if not we’ll for sure have fun). Matt and I are going to another vintage store in a few weeks time and I’ve been browsing Depop lots too! I’ve been really impressed with so many of the things on Depop although I’ve not bought anything yet. I was so impressed by Emma Hill’s finds in this video, it was really inspiring to someone finding their feet with second hand shopping, and she got some incredible bargains! Niomi Smart also posted this video that I found so fun to watch and I’m obsessed with the things she picked up, especially that Chanel button ring. Wow. I can’t wait to share Jess and I’s second hand shopping experience with you in a few weeks time!
What I’m reading: Linking in with what I just said above about #SecondHandSeptember, I LOVED Stacey Dooley’s piece in Grazia this week about the fashion industry and the impact buying too many clothes has on the environment. It’s no surprise to any regular readers that Stacey Dooley is my ultimate inspiration/girl crush/love of my life (sorry, Matthew) and everything she does is just amazing to me. But her thoughts on fast fashion originally inspired me to look at my buying habits last year and I think this piece was just so well written. Slightly off topic but I’m actually buying Grazia every week now, it’s such a good value magazine and packed full of high quality content. I’ve really been enjoying snuggling up in the mornings with my magazine and vanilla chai whilst Matt works on emails!
What I’m up to this weekend: Matt is unfortunately at work all weekend, but we’re making the most of our time together as always. Tonight Matt and I are having fish and chips with my family, snuggling in to catch up on Peaky Blinders and having an early night before a very early start tomorrow morning. Once Matt leaves for work I’ll get a little blog work done then head to the salon for my hair appointment. I can’t wait! After I get my hair done I’m meeting my sweet friend Jess to go second hand and vintage shopping! We seriously are SO EXCITED. Later I’m heading to our local mall to shop Lush’s Autumn/Halloween collection which is released today, and I still have a gift card from my lovely co-workers to spend too. I have a few other errands to run then I’m heading back to get on with some blog work and get ready before Matt gets home. Matt and I are heading for date night on Saturday evening (as I said above) at our favourite restaurant, then Sunday is a cosy-at-home cleaning and blogging day for me while Matt’s at work. When he gets home we’re having pizza night with his parents and I’m so looking forward to that!
What else is new: Nothing much TBH. I’ve had a kinda crappy week with my anxiety, I just feel very drained and like I’m putting in so much time/effort with things that I don’t see much reward from which really sucks. I’ve been a little stressed out and just generally felt rubbish which has then made me really anxious. I have however been feeling really really grateful for Matt and I’s time together more than ever, and I’m just so thankful to have him by my side, he’s truly the best! I’m hoping this weekend will recharge my batteries a little bit and let me get back to feeling like my usual self.
Thank you so much for reading! These posts have become some of my favourite to write; they get really good views and open up so many conversations either in the comments or in my DM’s. People message me all the time saying how much they enjoy reading these posts and I can’t tell you how much I love to hear that! Due to another very busy week (and a little bit of extra self care time that I really need) there won’t be a #feelinitfriday next week, but I’ll be back the following week for sure. My ‘normal’ posts will be up every Sunday and Wednesday as normal! Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!
Hi, loves! If you haven’t seen, I started a new series on my blog last week, you can read the first post here if you missed it! I’ve had lots more blog views and followers in the past few months, and it dawned on me that I talk about so many things assuming people know what or who I’m talking about. If you don’t know me IRL or haven’t been reading here very long, I thought it might be fun to share a few things about me. My first ever blog post – over a year ago now, what the actual heck!? – was actually a facts about me post. I hope I haven’t repeated anything (although I’m almost pretty sure I have, it’s so hard to think of facts about yourself, lol!)
1. I am so madly in love with my boyfriend. Matt is the best thing in my whole world, and I truly appreciate him more than I could ever physically explain. I’m so proud of him and he makes every day a thousand times better. He feels like home to me, and I’m so thankful we get to do life together. Also, I’m pretty sure everyone knows this because I talk about Matt in oh, I don’t know, EVERY post. Sorry not sorry.
2. I really like hot sunny days but I love colder rainy days just a little bit more. Especially those days where we can stay snuggled up in bed in the morning, they’re the best! I think this is why Autumn is my favourite season, because there’s so many crisp, cool, rainy days. I also check the weather a ridiculous amount of times each day, I’m kind of obsessed with it.
3. I am SO particular about how grocery bags are packed. A while ago Matt tried to put crisps on the bottom and ever since then he’s not allowed to even touch the bags whilst I’m packing HAHA.
4. I might be shooting myself in the foot with this one, because (obviously) I’m not perfect either. If I’m reading anything – a book, an email, a blog post, even Twitter – I spot typos and grammatical errors instantly and it’s all I can focus on. Super pedantic, I know.
5. I’m obsessed with being cosy! If we’re in the house for any length of time I’m wearing comfy clothes (ideally sweat pants/leggings and a big sweater, with my UGG slippers #fashun) and will have a blanket draped over me no matter the weather. Matt spends half of his evenings pulling his limbs outside of said blankets, lol! I have our candles lit every single night no matter what the weather is and that is the ultimate cosy vibes.
6. I love love love flowers! The way they look, the way they smell, the way they make me feel; they’re just such a happy thing to me. Peonies are my favourite. I know when Matt and I buy our house next year I really want to have a pretty bouquet in the kitchen at all times, whether or not we do or not will be a different matter… Also something that I’m pretty sure only Matt knows about me is that if I could pick any dream job, I’d love to own a florists! It would have a cute creamy pink front, with a little turquoise bench outside and lots of fresh white flowers in the window everyday. Maybe one day!
7. My favourite things to splurge on that are ‘just for me’ are new makeup items I’m buying on recommendation (usually from a blog/YouTube video), perfumes and candles. I’ve cut my spending back so much, but you really do have to treat yourself now and then, and I’d rather buy any of these things over clothes!
8. I LOVE Chinese food. Literally I could have just eaten a huge meal, and if someone suggested getting a takeaway I wouldn’t be able to help myself saying yes! Matt and I’s regular order is chicken chow mein, salt and pepper chilli chicken, fried rice and pork in kubo sauce (sometimes just the kubo sauce). We just share everything and it’s so. dang. good.
9. Travelling is my favourite thing in the world, and of course, Matt is my favourite travel partner. We’ve got so many places on our bucket list, some of which we’ve already ticked off, and it’s forever growing. Our top three right now are Lisbon, Banff, and the Caribbean. Super varied, I know! We’re really hoping we get to visit Lisbon later this year, I really hope we can find a trip that works for us.
10. I adore being at the beach, and as soon as I smell the ocean air I just feel so calm and relaxed. BUT I’m also terrified of being in the sea, unless I can see right to the bottom!
11. Breakfast dates are my favourite kind of date, and I think it’s because I love the feeling of beginnings. When Matt and I go for breakfast dates it’s the start of our day together; we usually have fun plans for the rest of the day or we wing it (which any regular reader knows that means if we’re winging it, we’re heading to Costco). We don’t often get full days together – although we definitely do more now Matt’s working patterns have changed – but they’re still such a treat!
12. I do not deal well with change. I thrive on structure and I feel worried and panicked when things are out of ‘order’. It can cause me a lot of anxiety so to minimize that I try to plan things as much as possible. I’m very lucky that Matt is happy to go along with my planner ways, and I’m so grateful to him for that! Also, he’s the opposite of that and doesn’t plan anything, so in this instance he’s definitely the yin to my yang.
13. I’m addicted to Diet Coke, and I’ve kinda got some weird knock on effect that makes people around me love it too. It’s literally the best, I’d rather have it over any other pop!
14. I’ve watched Friends SO MANY TIMES. I’ve watched season one through ten all the way through four times, and if it’s ever on TV when we’re flicking through channels you can bet I’m gonna sit and watch that episode. And maybe the next one. It just makes me happy, and yes, it still makes me laugh so hard.
15. I’m obsessed with the stars, moon and all things space related. I really love learning about it, and looking up to a clear sky and seeing hundreds and thousands of stars makes my heart so happy. Matt and I have our own star in the Cetus constellation, which was a cute little Valentine’s gift for him last year.
16. When I was younger I begged and begged my mum and dad to buy me a see through purple phone a la Lizzie McGuire because I literally wanted to BE her. I got it, and my family still laugh about it now! I got a fringe cut (and called it bangs because that’s what she said, lol), I did all kinds of crazy weird crimping techniques with my hair, wore camis over t shirts and just thought she was the best thing on the planet. Why am I telling you this? I don’t really know 🙂
17. I grew up being kinda scared of dogs. My mum has always been a little worried being near them because she was bit by one when she was a child, and I think her worries passed on to me without her realising. I now LOVE dogs, and I can’t wait until Matt and I can get one, once we’re all set in our future house. We really want a ginger cockapoo called Storm!
18. I have *knocks on wood* never been stung by a bee or wasp and I’m SO terrified of them, in case it ever happens! I freak out when one comes near me, screaming and flapping like I’m about to be murdered. It scares me because if I am allergic I don’t know, and I just don’t want to be stung. It’s kind of a crazy fear. (But, I’m totally on board with the #savethebees movement…)
19. My claim to fame is meeting The Rock at a movie premiere in LA. ~so relatable~ HAHA I know that when my work colleagues read this they will laugh, it’s become a running joke because I mention it just about every chance I get. Like, once a week.
20. I am so crazy excitable about everything! I already talk very fast (I literally don’t know how to stop this. It’s bad, my Northern accent doesn’t help and when I meet new people I can see they’re trying to work out what I’m saying as I’m talking, lol). BUT when I’m excited about something, or have something to contribute to a conversation I panic and allofmywordscomeoutasone.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post, did you learn anything new? Do you still want to read here…? Please say yes, lol! Humour me and tell me three random facts about you in the comments, I want to know more about you, too!
I haven’t wrote a Weekend In My Life post since December, I’m so happy to be back with another! Matt and I had such a great Valentine’s weekend, and I love to be able to 1) share snippets of my life with you, and 2) to look back on these posts! Yep, I sneak back to read my own blog posts from time to time. You may have noticed I’ve stopped rounding up our weeks/weekends at the beginning of each post, which was a decicision I made as I feel like we’re always up to the same things, and how many ways can I possibly phrase ‘cosy night in’ or ‘breakfast date’ LOL!? (Also, I’m sure 99% of people couldn’t care less!) I hope you enjoy this post, I’ll definitely be sharing more weekends in our life over the coming months as we have tons of fun plans for the Summer!
Thursday, 14th February
I usually begin these posts from Friday, but as this was Valentine’s Day I wanted to include it. We woke up slightly earlier than usual to exchange gifts and spend a little longer snuggled up (whilst I was pretending I didn’t have to go to work). As I mentioned in this post, we don’t really exchange gifts on Valentine’s Day, but we both waivered our own rule this year! Matt was SO sweet and bought me cute presents he really didn’t need to. My favourite was a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick (!!) in the shade The Duchess, which is a shade I’ve had my eye on for so long. It was, as the name would suggest, made for Kate Middleton and it’s the most beautiful rosy nude, I’ve wore it non-stop since I opened it LOL! I bought Matt a scratch map (just for fun as he’s been to so many amazing places; and it’s something he can put in his man cave when we buy our house in the next year!) and a CrockPot, which was something we’d been thinking about buying. Of course I filled a gift bag with sweets and chocolates, which is just part of the fun of Valentine’s Day! We had such a cute morning and it was the perfect way to start the day.
After we exchanged gifts I unfortunately had to get ready and head to work, and I swear I was wishing the hours away before I even got there. Thankfully my day went by pretty quickly, although I thought it was Friday all day! One of the managers bought us girls in the office donuts which was so sweet of him. I think Valentine’s is so special because it’s about sharing and spreading love, and Heaven knows the world needs a little more love!
When 5pm rolled around I headed home, listening to Ariana Grande’s new album of course. (I love it! I think NASA is my fave song, although I can’t relate as I never want to be apart from Matt hahaha). Matt got home just after me, by then I had showered, cosied up in my dressing gown and carried out my skincare routine. We lit candles, turned on all of our cosy lamps and started to prepare dinner. We made one of our favourite dinners; steak, potatoes, tenderstem brocolli and green beans (super simple but SO good) and then set up a mini fondue/ice cream bar for dessert later in the night. We spent the evening watching our new favourite show, Ambulance: Australia – nothing says romance like paramedics attending poorly patients – and had the best cosy, chilled night in. We snuggled in for a pretty early night, and we fell asleep feeling so happy and grateful for our little life. I love him so much and I literally feel so thankful as we cuddle in to sleep every night!
Friday, 15th February
As it always seems to happen during the week, the morning rolled round way too quickly and it was time to get up and get ready for the day. Friday’s are so bittersweet; it’s almost the weekend, we usually have a fun lunch at work BUT there’s still a whole eight hours between me and the weekend. Matt was off work again (he’s so lucky!) so he got to spend the whole day relaxing and playing on the PlayStation. My day was super long for a Friday but I did go grocery shopping for the weekend over my lunch break which made me feel a little productive.
At 5pm I headed home for a cosy night in with Matt before a busy weekend together. He had ran a bubble bath for me coming home – the below picture is exactly what I walked into, he’s so cute – so after a relaxing soak I got into my pj’s and we spent our evening relaxing. Matt’s parents were away for the weekend so it was just us at home. We had some of our favourite flatbread pizzas for a super easy dinner and snuggled in to watch Life Of The Party (it was so funny, we LOVE Melissa McCarthy). It was the perfect way to start our weekend! These kind of nights are my favourite because we get to totally switch off from everything, and have so much fun in our little bubble.
Saturday, 16th February
We had gone to bed pretty early the night before, so were feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day when our alarm went off. I did a super quick yoga practice for twenty minutes (this was the video I followed, Adrienne is the best!) and felt so good for fitting it into my day. We already had plans to head to one of our favourite breakfast places called Post Box in Ponteland. Matt had a bath which meant I could spend a little longer on my makeup, and sneak in catching up on some of my YouTube subs! I quickly prepped our dinner for later in the evening, and threw everything in the CrockPot. We were super excited to be making use of Matt’s gift (maybe it was for me too) HAHA.
By the time we left home it was around 11.30am so our breakfast was more like brunch, but as always it was delicious. It’s such a small cafe and it’s usually quite difficult to get a table but we lucked out and got one right away. Matt had a full English, and I got a veggie breakfast (but swapped out the mushrooms for avocado). I wish all Saturday’s consisted of breakfast dates! Matt works lots of Saturday’s so when we have the opportunity to go for one, we take it! After, we jumped back in the car to head to Bolam Lake, which is a beautiful country park that we’ve been meaning to go to for so long. There’s a gorgeous lake (obviously) in the middle, and the walk was beautiful. It was pretty cold as we were further North but typically of me, I didn’t wear the right clothing and was FREEZING. We spent a little time walking around, working off our breakfasts, then we decided to go on a little inpromptu tour of Northumberland! We went up towards Jedburgh and had so much fun playing tourists in our own area, it’s literally one of our favourite things to do. We’re planning to go up to the Scottish borders a few times in the next few months, hopefully starting when it’s a little warmer!
After our little road trip around the countryside, we headed back to the other side of town and popped into the Metro Centre (to buy bath bombs LOL) and then to Costco. We LOVE Costco, there is just so much to look at (and buy) so we spent about an hour there. There were tons of good free samples which is obviously the best part about it, and I got the cutest pink blanket for our bed! I already have two different colours, but we sleep with these blankets most nights because sleeping under a quilt just gets so dang hot. I’m pretty sure it’s because Matt is like a human radiator but every night we have to open the window, even in the Winter! Please tell me it’s not just us?!
On the way home from Costco we popped in to see Matt’s lovely grandma and drop in some bottled water for her. I love going to see her, she’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met and we always have such a giggle when we’re there. We stayed for around an hour, then headed home to see if 1) the house was still standing (spoiler: it was!) and 2) if our food was edible. Turns out this CrockPot malarkey is so easy, our food was so good we literally didn’t want to stop eating. I can’t wait to try out more recipes! We left it in for around six and a half hours, then served it with spicy rice and salad and it was SO good, and sorry I didn’t get a photograph we were so hungry! I totally made up the recipe, but here’s a quick list of the ingredients if you’d like to try it:
-6 x stalks of celery -(approx) 10 x cherry tomatoes -2 x peppers -1 x onion -(approx) 500g chicken strips (browned before adding) -Spanish chicken sauce -salt, pepper, paprika & Shwarz Season All for flavour! -Tilda Firecracker rice and salad to serve
After dinner I had a quick shower and washed/dried my hair whilst Matt cleaned up (he’s the best) and we got settled for the evening to watch TV. We had a few glasses of prosecco and I caught up on the episodes of Coronation Street I missed from Friday, HAHA I’m so old. After, Matt got to choose what we watched so he picked a Bear Grylls show we hadn’t seen with Gareth Southgate. I randomly had a really bad headache and felt so unwell so we didn’t finish the show and headed to bed. I never feel poorly out of the blue like that but since having the flu a few weeks ago I seem to have never got properly better!
Sunday 17th February
We woke up on Sunday morning early as we wanted to be out of the house and into Newcastle city centre as early as possible. We got ready quickly, and below is a little snippet of the makeup I used for you! This is my go-to daily makeup, I’m really loving Charlotte Tilbury products right now, and I’m getting tons of use out of my favourites. I really don’t feel the need to buy new makeup just for the fun of it anymore, but these past few weeks I’ve had to re-purchase a few items that ran out! I’ve put myself on a ‘no spend’ for beauty products (unless anything runs out) until my birthday, so let’s see how that goes HAHA.
We headed to one of our favourite weekend spots, the Quayside market. We love it because there are so many small businesses there, and everyone is so lovely and friendly. There’s also always lots of cute doggos, hehe. It was a beautiful day, although the wind was super cold I just really want it to be Spring! We had a very unhealthy breakfast; Matt got a sausage sandwich from Geordie Bangers (his favourite stall LOL) and I grabbed a grilled cheese from Meltdown. I’m sorry but we were so hungry I didn’t even get photos! We also shared a Maltesers brownie that was amazing, and I did get a photo of that before we ate it.
I also picked up a beautiful candle that had been upcycled from an old champagne bottle, it was quite pricey at £20 but I think supporting small local businesses is so important, and it looks/smells so good! Matt and I love this champagne, and the bright label is so fun to spruce up our bedroom too. I bought it from the Upcycle Jewellery Company, if you’d like to take a look at their products. We spent around an hour wandering and taking in the view – the Quayside is one of our favourite places in the North East – then stopped by Hoult’s Yard to visit Proven Goods Co. Sundays are cheat days. I’ve talked about this company so much on my blog, but we really do love them and they deserve recognition! Their customer service is fantastic and their donuts are even better, what’s not to love?! Matt got a Biscoff (which is also vegan-friendly) and I got a vanilla custard, although I was a little sad there were no Homer’s left, they’re my faves.
When we got home from town, Matt quickly got sorted to go and watch a local football team play with his dad. He was gone around two hours, and I spent the time relaxing at home with his lovely mam. We caught up on our weekends as they had just got back from their trip down South, and we talked literally the whole time they were gone HAHA.
The boys got home and we spent the rest of the afternoon with Matt’s parents, watching the football and chatting. Oh, and of course eating our donuts! Matt and I were super tired so we literally lay on the sofa snuggled up for about an hour, I so could have done with a nap! After I showered and got into my pj’s (the best time of day, right?!) we made dinner which was a super easy meatball pasta with salad. I’m all about easy, cosy recipes on a Sunday evening! We snuggled in after dinner to watch a few more episodes of Ambulance: Australia, we literally NEED to go to Australia at some point in our lives! I love all of the staff featured in this show, they’re so sweet. We went to bed around 10.30pm which is actually pretty late for us HAHA, but we were both at work the next day and needed our beauty sleep!
Thank you so much for reading! This was one of my favourite weekends in a long time, we had SO much fun and I’m forever grateful for all of the time we get to spend together. What did you get up to this past weekend?